iTunes is the main conduit to new listeners for any podcast. And there are 3 things that keep a show on the radar there: Reviews, Ratings, and Subscribers. That means you, my friend, are instrumental in the success of this show.
Here’s how to give a 5-star review for Under the Crossbones on iTunes.
- Make sure you’ve downloaded the iTunes software and gotten yourself an account. Then sign in.
- You should be able to put Under the Crossbones in the search box in the iTunes store and have it come up. Or you can use this direct link to UTC on iTunes.
3. If you found it with the search box, skip to Step 7. If it doesn’t come up in the search for some reason, go to All Categories and then “Society and Culture”.
7. Now you’ll be on the actual UTC page. Click on “Ratings and Reviews”.
8. Here you can either leave a 5-star rating by clicking on the right hand star (you’ll see them turn gold) or you can leave a 5-star rating and a short positive review by clicking “Write a review”
9. In the review box, give your review a short title like “Greatest Pirate Podcast Ever!” or “Ooowee, that Phil has a sexy voice!”. Then put your short positive review in the text box, click the 5 stars to give it a rating, and click “Submit”
And that’s it! You’ll have my undying gratitude and I might even give you a shout out on the show.